Unit 8: Adding Sound To The Animations

Today my plan is to add sounds and maybe particles to my animations to make the player feel more grounded in the game world.

I started by getting the sounds that I need from a website called Freesound, they provide long clips of foley sound that are downloadable as a wave file.

I then took the file into Audition and clipped it into different sound files as you can see here.



I then imported the files into the unreal engine and added them into a "sound cue". I did it this way instead of just using the sounds is so that I could add a modulator and a randomator so the sounds were never the same. This adds some variation to my game. Here is the video of me adding it into my project.



I'm very happy with the final result and I will be adding more sound to my game. Looking back at the process now, it's a very easy and effective way to make the player feel grounded in the world and I'm really happy with the results. Here is the finished thing.  


Comments