Unit 8: Adding the Roll to the Falling

Today I began work on the roll after the long jump. This, of course, wasn't as easy as it seemed.

I began how I normally would, by getting my assets and working making sure they will work before I start coding. So I uploaded the unreal preset character to Mixamo and downloaded the character and this is what happened when I imported it to unreal.



When I imported it came up with the message log and I thought, well it must be something to do with unreal and not the animation itself.

I asked a few of my peers what the problem may be and they said that " it's one of the most common problems for unreal, just look it up there should be a fix for it." So I went for the unreal form pages and found that the skeleton for the unreal character isn't compatible with Mixamo animations.

After that, I continued to try and get the animation with a character mesh that Mixamo provide and convert it to the unreal character. Here is a video of me doing the process.


During this you can see me looking online line which I don't normally do but, I only did this because I know far less about animations and character meshes then I do about blueprints. 

Personally, I think I should have just used a different character mesh and skeleton. This would have saved me a lot of time but I was a little to set on trying to get it to work and I think I'll save myself the trouble and do that tomorrow.

Comments