Unit 8: Adding a new climbing feature.

During the half term, I had the idea of adding some new things to the climbing system. So I began to think, what type of features of modern games with climbing in them have. Well if you fall a large distance there is a different animation that plays and it often ends with a roll, maybe some variations in the ledge climbing animations and maybe a slide.

So my plan for today is to add and troubleshoot a long falling and a rolling animation for my climbing system.

Well, I like the idea of a different animation playing if the player falls further so we will start with that. 


As you can see I have played around with some was to do this but I've been having trouble with getting the play blueprint and the animation blueprint to communicate to each other, making it so I cant change the animation.

Today I came on and continued to troubleshoot for a while. Around 7 mins into the prosses I had a semi-working system but then I messed it by confusing myself. This lead me to another 50 more mins of troubleshooting until I looked at the video I already captured and reverse engineer what I had already done. After a little bit of playing around, I managed to fix it and here's the prosses that I took and the finished product.





Comments