Unit 8: Problems with the Climbing System, again.

I was having problems with getting the character to climb all of the walls, but that didn't take long to fix, when I tested it, I could climb all of the walls. however, after fixing that I realised that now had a larger problem, something that I didn't have to deal with in my last project. As the character climbs up one wall, it recognises the ledge about the one it needs to climb. Here is an example of it. 



To fix this I began to troubleshoot my game. I try a few things first, I had to find the problem that was causing it, so the logical source of the problem would the ledge tracer. So to check if this was the problem I put the ledge tracer to be on in debug mode, persistently. Then I started the game and saw that it was triggering with the blocks above me. So be I began changing variables in the blueprint that relate to the ledge hight tracer and look at where it moves the tracer ( the green and red sphere). Then through trial and error, I finally got it to work. You can see this process in this video. 









Comments