Unit 8: Project Proposal (Draft)

Section 1: Rationale

Over the last seven units, I have learned many things about the gaming industry and how many different jobs are needed to put an entire game together. For example, the second game I have been making, I had more plans for it however, these were cut out of the game to meet the deadline of the project. Although this is frustrating, it leads to a better end product due to more time for bug testing. I have a much better idea how to compile a game now. for example, get a model of the player, add animations and make them animations relate to different actions during the game.

Section 2: Project Concept

For my next game, I want to do a 2.5D side-scrolling stealth game in the unreal engine. This new game will have plenty of cat and mouse action, where the player is hiding and playing smart to defeat an overpowered enemy. I believe this will encourage players to take time and plan out their strategy when facing anyone, even basic enemies. They might have to watch the enemy for a few moments before discovering their weaknesses and taking advantage of them. This game will also be climbing heavy. This is for a good reason though. It will allow players to get into better advantage points so they can strike their enemy without being detected. they can also use this mechanic to evade gunfire and to get out of the line of sight of enemies. I have a few other things I wanna do during the development of this game. I wish to have a new and fun exciting aesthetic and sound design as I believe I've focused pretty much all of my time on coding in the last few products. I want the music to be responsive to whats happening during the game, for it to quiet down during stealth and loud an exciting during the action. I want the aesthetic to be bright oranges and deep blues to the environment to contrast the player's silhouette of a character.

Section 3: Evaluation

During my Production time, I will be referring to my production schedule to keep on top of time and to see if I need to drop an aspect of the game to keep up with the deadline. If I have to drop or change an aspect of my game that will change the gameplay significantly, I will write about it on my blog.

Section 4: Project Action Plan


Section 5: Bibliography






Comments